Sales & Product Development I
Location: 1st position in Eastern New York, 2nd position in Central Florida
2 Sales & Product Development I positions:
- 1st position located in Eastern New York, preferably Rochester or Geneva, NY
- 2nd Location located in Central Florida
Each position reports to: Regional Market Manager
- Profit Sharing – Annually
- 401k - Eligibility after 3 months. 100% matching up to 6% of salary
- Health Insurance - Eligibility after 1 month, 100% paid for employee and 50% for dependents/spouse/domestic partner (Medical/Vision/Dental/Life & LTD)
At Bejo Seeds, Inc., we are dedicated to fostering diversity and inclusion in our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome veterans and individuals with disabilities to join our team. Our primary focus revolves around delivering high-quality, market-specific vegetable seeds. As a vital part of the global Bejo team, we are actively involved in various aspects of our industry, including breeding, seed production, marketing, sales, trials, product development, and customer support.
A Brief Overview
Primary responsibility is to manage a geographic sales territory within the assigned region supporting profitable growth of Bejo vegetable products. Utilize a thorough technical knowledge of Bejo crop groups and varieties combined with market knowledge to secure placement with key growers in the territory working through Bejo commercial seed dealers.
Develop and implement a sound business strategy in conjunction with assigned Regional Market Manager.
- Create and maintain quality external relationships with seed dealers, growers, processors and key industry decision makers in their territory.Assisting with selection according to the plan developed by the breeder.
- Create and maintain quality internal relationships with Regional Market Manager, support staff, field Sales/PD group, breeders, Bejo Zaden Area Manager and Bejo Zaden Daughter Company staff in other countries.
- Forecast territory sales and develop accurate prognosis for both short & long term views.
- Manage and implement trial programs for new and established varieties.
- Evaluate trialing materials and make recommendations for commercialization of new varieties.
- Manage assigned dealers to elicit strong performance against Bejo products and provide accurate bookings.
- Meet regularly with their Regional Market Manager for planning and integration of marketing strategies and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture related field.
- 4-6 year’s experience in vegetable seed sales with working knowledge/relationship with seed distributors/dealers and growers.
- 4-6 years’ experience with the delivery chain network
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Provide life cycle and assortment management recommendations to the regional market manager and area crop manager for key vegetable species in territory
- Develop technical product positioning recommendations with regional teams and coordinate communication with key growers and dealers in the territory.
- Ability in planning and evaluating product trials in collaboration with regional market manager and product development team.
- Utilize technical knowledge to provide insight into market and competitor trends within territory
- Strong business acumen with knowledge of vegetable production practices
- Collaborate across territories and functions to contribute to the overall success of the crop business strategy.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive work relationships with colleagues, dealers, growers, customers, and related industry personnel.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, strong computer skills, proficiencies in Microsoft applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability for digital proficiency to analyze data and influence decisions.
- Analytical and Strategic thinking
Our people are passionate about what they do, the products they sell, and the customers they serve. If you're looking for an opportunity to be a part of a work family and culture that values collaboration, innovation and dedication, we're the right company for you.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
More positions from: Bejo Seeds, Inc.
Posted from November 15, 2023 until May 14, 2024
SeedQuest reference number: 150599