Requisition ID: 1122
Enza Zaden in San Juan Bautista, California is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team.
What are you going to do?
As a Crop Worker Level 3 for Enza Zaden you will ensure routine care of crops and trials at our Research and Development station (small-scale). You may oversee workers that will help care for the crops for the benefit of breeding programs. Harvesting of seeds and fruits of the crops. Participation in all crop care, seed extraction, cleaning and/or breeding support activities. Daily functional guidance of seasonal workers. Practice and promote a healthy and safe working environment. Other duties as assigned.
You are a dynamic person who takes initiative. You promote and follow safety procedures. You have some agriculture background, and the desire to grow in the seed Industry. You have strong planning and organization skills. You can work independently, but you are also able to work in cross-functional teams.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Work on Saturdays and holidays as necessary.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- A thorough understanding of English, both verbal and written is required.
- The ability to speak and understand some Spanish is highly desired.
- Some knowledge of processes in plant and greenhouse.
- Able to operate and calibrate farm equipment, tractors, setup cultivators, irrigation systems and sprayers, highly desired.
- Pesticide application license preferred or will need to obtain within 90 days of hire.
- Work includes simple administrative tasks.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Enza Zaden is a vegetable breeding company that develops vegetable varieties. We produce and sell the seeds of these varieties all over the world. Both for conventional and organic growers. To explain this properly (and as briefly as possible) we have made an animation.
For more than 80 years we are working with the best that nature offers. We support this with state-of-the-art technologies to speed up our breeding process. That is necessary, because currently the development of a new vegetable variety takes up 6 to 10 years.
The results? Strong, healthy, tasty, and climate-proof vegetable varieties with higher yield per square meter and less need of crop protection products or fertilizer.
Our strength? More than 2000 passionate colleagues worldwide working together on the vegetables of tomorrow. Therefore, we continuously invest in knowledge and skills with our Enza Academy.
Please click HERE to learn more and to apply online.