Location: West Chicago, Illinois, USA
PanAmerican Seed is a leader in bringing new seed product to market. The PanAmerican Seed technical research team works with R&D (Breeding, Cell Biology, Pathology, etc.) to overcome a diversity of seed production challenges. As a member of the team, the Seed Technologist will perform or supervises specialty seed testing in compliance with internal and/or international standards, and the maintenance of associated documentation, conduct primary research on flower seed physiology (dormancy, germination, vigor), and develop reliable, reproducible germination testing methods for novel crops. You will be working as part of a multi-faceted seed research team focused on providing the highest quality seed to our domestic and international customers.
- Conduct specialized seed germination testing to support advancement of new products through our introduction pipeline.
- Provide support and guidance to our QA commercial germination labs to ensure our seed testing methods meet internal, US, and international standards.
- Provide support and guidance to our global Seed Production germination labs To ensure our seed meets our high-quality standard
- Plan, design, coordinate, and execute novel research to broaden the diversity of plants available in seed form.
- Assume supervisory responsibility as needed to allow our team to expand and meet the challenges our growing product assortment.
- Communicate effectively across multiple departments and physical locations to keep pace with rapidly changing needs of the organization.
- Management of seed testing facilities (order seed testing supplies, maintain a safe work environment, develop and maintain work schedule)
- Develop SOP and other seed testing documents.
- Provide clear recommendations in area of expertise (seed testing, regulatory compliance, etc.) as required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in commercial seed germination (flower seed experience beneficial)
- Bachelor’s degree in the Plant Sciences (Agriculture, Horticulture, Plant Physiology, etc.)
- Seed Testing certification (Certified Seed Analyst or Registered Seed Technologist)
- Knowledge of international and interstate seed trade regulations
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office suite, strong knowledge of basic statistics and statistical software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Occasional international travel
Our promise to you:
Ball is a global leader in horticulture: we develop, produce, and sell plants around the world. Our vision is to color the world through our customers. We create excitement in the world of flowers and are the first choice for service. We deliver all the best and nothing else! To you, we deliver a work environment and a culture where building long-lasting relationships internally and externally is important. We believe that good communication, sharing ideas and collaborating on projects will set us up for success. We keep both our feet on the ground and are approachable.
In addition to this we provide a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes: Medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance 401k/Profit Sharing Retirement Plan Paid time off benefits including vacation and holidays Tuition assistance An onsite subsidized café overlooking 30 acres of renowned display gardens and restored natural areas Employee Assistance Program and Positive Health programs
Please visit our website at: www.ballhort.com
Interested candidates should submit their resume to: https://www.ballhort.com/Careers/
More positions from: PanAmerican Seed
Posted from June 10, 2021 until December 10, 2021
SeedQuest reference number: 129072