VoloAgri® is a Non-GMO vegetable seed technology and breeding company dedicated to Cultivating Global Health. We take pride in passionately serving every customer with customized vegetable seed and technical service solutions they can count on. Our innovative seeds produce plants with increased yields, improved disease resistance, and post-harvest processing advantages while still achieving exceptional taste! This reduces the environmental farming footprint while increasing the healthy consumption of delicious vegetables.
Our diverse team of industry experts are stationed around the world. Our Global Corporate Headquarters is based in Woodland, CA and satellite offices in Holland, Mexico City, and Beirut Lebanon; and research stations in California (Woodland), Lebanon (Bekaa Valley), Mexico (Guanajuato, and Culiacan), and Spain (Almeria). Our prized collection of seeds have been developed under several brands including US Agriseeds, and Axia.
Reporting to: Order Fulfillment Manager
Leads the inventory allocation to meet quality, quantity and on time delivery requirements of the sales order management process. Assign inventory batches to each sales line item and create Treat/Pack Process Assignments (PAs = Process Work Orders) that are aligned with scheduled ship dates. Analyzes inventory and select lots that best match the customer requirements along with maximize inventory utilization based on inventory quality, age, shelve life and availability. The scope of this position includes allocation of commercial and pre-commercial (trial samples) inventory.
- Proactively reviews sales orders and allocate batches that fulfill sales order requirements.
- Schedules AD and ISTA testing as required.
- Ensures the batch allocation process is performed timely to provide enough lead time to treat, pack and ship orders are on the schedule delivery date.
- Works closing with the Commercial Planner and Order Fulfillment Leads and allocate mid and long-range sales order line items 2 to 3 months out and identify availability issues that need be addressed with the Order Fulfillment Manager.
- Routinely reviews inventory to determine availability and then provide ERD (estimated ready dates) to the Order Fulfillment Department.
- Identifies inventory shortages and works with Purchasing and Commercial Planner and QA Manager on disposition (i.e. purchase seed, determine Available to Order (ATO) of inbound material, upgrade or sell as is substandard existing batches, etc.).
- Identifies any Bulk Finish Goods (BFG) and notify QA Manager to review (Quality Actionable) in the Process Decision field for QA review. Provide timelines for decisions and actions needed to meet the sales order delivery date requests.
- Identify inventory that is not ATO and communicated to Commercial Planner adjusted need by dates so that inventory can be re-prioritized and planned accordingly.
- Communicates to the Order Fulfillment Department inventory that will not meet targeted allocation dates so alternative plans can be created (i.e. expedite new QC testing, move ship dates, backorder, lost sales opportunity, etc.).
- Creates treat and pack PAs once inventory is allocated to a sales orders.
- Creates variety blends and lot hygrades PAs to enhance quality and maximize utilization of inventory.
- Initiates germination updates requests on seed batches that are out of date.
- Runs inventory reports and trend analysis based on OF Manager’s direction. Performs projects and other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in seed operations or inventory manufacturing environment.
- The ideal candidate has worked in an analytical and detailed oriented environment.
- The ideal candidate will have a background working with agronomy with a focus of vegetable seed QC testing and inventory management.
- The ideal candidate has worked in a growth company & understands quick scale up and in a rapid changing environment.
- Extensive knowledge and highly proficient in the use of manufacturing databases (SAP, Oracle, ABS, etc.) and Microsoft Office products
Skills and Personal Traits:
- Strong team player, self-starter, positive attitude with high integrity
- Hands on and fully understands the details of all warehouse processes
- Strong Training and follow-ups to ensure compliance
- Proactive and works with a sense of urgency
- Highly analytical and has strong mechanical/engineering skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) for effective vendor & internal staff communication
- Attention to detail, drives tasks to closure efficiently with error-free end results.
VoloAgri Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation package for Woodland region
- Medical & dental insurance
- Section 125 Dependent Care plans, 401(k) Plan
- Vacation, sick and holiday time off
Work Authorization: Must provide proof of authorization to work in the United States
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Click HERE to learn more and to apply online
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.