Internship - NE Research Trial Specialist
Location: USA (Vineland, NJ, Harrisburg / Philadelphia, PA area)
The fourth largest seed company in the world, Limagrain is an international cooperative group created and directed by French farmers. As a creator and producer of plant varieties, Limagrain markets field seeds, vegetable seeds and cereal products. HM.CLAUSE, Business Unit of Group Limagrain, is an innovative global leader in the development, production, and commercialization of vegetable seeds. HM.CLAUSE belongs to the top 5 vegetable seed entities in the world. With over 2,000 varieties in more than 20 vegetable crops, HM.CLAUSE provides innovative solutions to growers worldwide.
Function: RESEARCH & INNOVATION - BREEDING
Employment Type: Internship
Contract duration: 1700
HM.CLAUSE is a Business Unit of Limagrain, an international agricultural co-operative founded and managed by farmers. HM.CLAUSE specializes in the breeding, production, and sale of vegetable seeds. From the world market to the farmer's market, we collaborate with our customers to deliver successful solutions for the agricultural challenges of today and produce the highest quality vegetable seeds for the future. Our global team of experts and state-of-the-art research facilities enable us to work side-by-side with growers to provide the most regionally relevant and reliable vegetable seeds available.
The intern will assist with all screening trial activities in the Mid-Atlantic region during the summer of 2021 for the following crops:
The internship starts April 2021 and approximately ends November 2021. This internship will require daily travel within the Vineland, NJ, Harrisburg / Philadelphia, PA area
- Assist PD/TSR with sowing and transplanting's of assigned trials
- Create and share a field map for each trial set with Research Trial Specialist Global Coordinator utilizing assigned template.
- Make at least one preharvest visit to trial and provide information back to RTSGC including but not limited to:
- Trial maturity
- Trial overall health
- Estimated evaluation date
- Assist with the collection of phenotypic data in assigned crop screening trials utilizing assigned capture documents
- Manage harvest and yield measure in tomato trials up to 4 times using standardized measuring protocols
- Manage harvest and yield measure in pepper trials up to 3 times using standardized measuring protocols
- Manage harvest and yield measure squash trials 2X per week for 3 weeks using standardized measuring protocols
- Manage harvest and yield measure watermelon trials 2 times using standardized measuring protocols
- Transfer data directly to crop responsible RTS for analysis
- Create and submit an end of the season summary of results to the crop responsible RT
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Enrolled in college working towards degree in Plant Sciences or related field
- Ability to travel throughout the Mid-Atlantic during the day
- Valid Driver's license, personal transportation, and good driving record
- English mandatory, Spanish a plus
knowledge & Skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Strong computer skills and advanced MS Excel skills.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Possesses strong organizational skills
Please click HERE to learn more and to apply online.
HM.Clause is an "at will" employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug Free Workplace
More positions from: HM.Clause Inc.
Posted from March 22, 2021 until September 22, 2021
SeedQuest reference number: 126513