Head of R&D Business Development
Location: Einbeck, Germany
KWS is one of the most innovative and long established plant breeding and seed companies worldwide. For more than 150 years we have been breeding and marketing high performance varieties for the modern farmer. Our key crops are sugar beet, corn and cereals as well as oil seed crops and potatoes. Our core markets are in the temperate climate zones of Europe, North and South America as well as China.
We are seeking to recruit at the earliest opportunity, on a full time basis, a Head of R&D Business Development (m/f) in the Research and Development Department.
This position is responsible for expanding and heading the “R&D Business Development” unit, patents and variety protection, technology management, R&D legal affairs as well as technology comprising based business development.
- Functional and line responsibility for the whole "R&D Business Development" unit
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for the organization and implementation of operational duties for the whole department; evolve strategic narratives for “R&D Business Development” in coordination with the overall strategy of KWS research and breeding
- Manage the operating processes effectively and efficiently in close coordination with clients from research and breeding; especially organize efficient interaction between the various strands of “R&D Business Development”
- Organize interaction with related segments in KWS units outside R&D
- Establish and manage a network with external partners
- University degree in Natural Sciences (preferably Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacy, Biotechnology or Animal/Plant Breeding), PhD degree
- Several years of professional experience in technology/research based business development involving aspects and processes of IP protection, contracts, technology acquisition and cooperation management
- Conversant with planning and management processes in business enterprises
- Several years of experience in leading teams and in managing complex development processes
- Knowledge of patents and variety protection as well as experience in drafting and negotiating agency agreements, cooperation agreements and license agreements
- Committed and assertive
- Entrepreneurial, analytical and process and solution oriented Mindset
If you are interested we would be pleased to receive your detailed application quoting job application number: 1419.
KWS Services Deutschland GmbH
HR Employee Services, Arne Graf
37555 Einbeck, Germany
Phone: ++49 5561 311-714
More positions from: KWS Saat AG
Posted from July 5, 2012 until January 5, 2013
SeedQuest reference number: 28127