Associate / Sr. Associate Scientist
Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF - the Chemical Company - consolidated its plant biotechnology activities in BASF Plant Science in 1998. Today, about 800 employees are working to optimize crops for more efficient agriculture, renewable raw materials and healthier nutrition. We are currently seeking an Associate/Sr Associate Scientist in the Molecular Biology Function.
BASF Plant Science research is dedicated to cutting edge plant biotechnology research to serve the community as The Trait Technology Partner. Our motto is "Innovation Yields Results". The Molecular Biology Function provides technological research services that contribute to trait discovery in BASF Plant Science. These functions help advance research projects to commercialization.
Responsibilities of the positions will involve working in a team to plan, design strategies and execute laboratory based work packages related to molecular biology.
- Ensure experiments are conducted with proper scientific rigor, acquire and maintain broad knowledge of state-of-the-art principles, theories and technologies and generate new ideas that will help further develop BASF Plant Science traits
- Prepare data summaries, reports and presentations on research results
- Contribute his/her technical and theoretical expertise on a day-to-day basis
QUALIFICATIONS: BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- BS in Molecular Biology or Biochemistry or related field with 3 years of relevant experience - OR - MS degree or PhD degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field
- Creative problem solving skills, strong planning and organizational capabilities and strong sense of time management and multitasking ability
- 3 years demonstrated experience with DNA or RNA manipulation techniques including purification, quantification, PCR, and cloning
- Proficiency in Molecular Biology software tools and Data Management tools such as Vector NTI, Sequencher, or similar
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Preferred areas of experience:
- Small RNA (miRNAs, siRNAs) analysis/manipulation
- Epigenetics/ DNA methylation
- Cloning of large DNA fragments (ex. BiBAC, artificial chromosomes)
- Gene expression regulators (ex. promoters, introns, terminators)
- Background knowledge in plant molecular biology or biochemistry
- Experience with Bioinformatic tools
This position is within a job family and will be filled at a level applicable to the incumbent's qualifications.
APPLY ONLINE: http://on.basf.com/assocscientjobfadv
More positions from: BASF Plant Science
Posted from June 26, 2012 until December 26, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 27911