Regional Sales Manager
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Limagrain Cereal Seeds, part of the Limagrain Group, is focused on wheat research and the creation of new improved cultivars for US wheat growers.
Summary: Manages sales activities for plains region by planning, implementing, and overseeing sales strategies and plans on a local basis. The main objective is to develop sales and increase market share and customer base for LCS within the scope of the company's defined commercial strategy. Responsible for generating sales of Foundation Class seed to licensed distributors, focusing on the central area of CO, KS, NE, OK, TX for the fall planting season and the northern area of MN, ND, SD, MT for the spring planting season. Position is based at company headquarters in Fort Collins, CO, but will require frequent travel to the key sales areas during sales campaigns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to gain market share in plains region.
- Manages sales forecasting activities for the region and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Define production targets and seed release volumes for the region.
- Identify and develop key accounts in the region.
- Interface directly with customers in order to build relationships.
- Monitor and report sales by distributor, variety and class of seed within the region.
- Develop regional pricing policies and contribute to policies for other regions.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote products. Coordinate various sales events within the region: product launches, distributor meetings, field days, industry meetings and conventions.
- Requires frequent travel either by air or company provided vehicle to meet with customers, attend industry functions and visit field trials and field days. Numerous overnight stays throughout the year will be required. Occasional international travel may be required.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Assists other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
This job currently has no supervisory responsibilities. As company grows and sales team is built, supervisory responsibilities may follow.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Analyzes market and competition data and, through constant contact with breeding teams, Product Development Manager, and COO, identifies and evaluates targets; Identifies external threats and opportunities and implements regional sales strategy accordingly; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Technical - Knowledge of wheat production and agronomy, with particular reference to the production and marketing of QA and Certified classes of seed.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Able to develop and maintain productive work relationships with various personnel within the organization including breeding and lab, product development, and administrative personnel.
- Leadership - Inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals; Budgeting experience and financial competence.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Contributes to profits and revenue ; Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities.
- Professionalism - Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Ensures work responsibilities are covered.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Agriculture or related discipline required; Master's level degree desirable, but not essential.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in Sales, Product Management and/or related position
- Ability to read and speak English fluently. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Access, Powerpoint, Excel, and Word software.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Willing and able to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Must hold a currently valid driver’s license
- Seasonal travel up to 80%
- Eligible for work in United States
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To be considered, please send resume and cover letter no later than June 1, 2012 to:
Limagrain Cereal Seeds
Attn: Human Relations
2040 SE Frontage Road
Fort Collins, CO 80525
Fax: (970) 498-2207
An Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Limagrain Cereal Seeds is committed to a drug-free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon successful passing of drug screen.
More positions from: Limagrain Cereal Seeds LLC
Posted from May 14, 2012 until July 14, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 26848