Chief Executive Officer
Location: Champaign, Illinois, USA
The primary objective of IL Crop shall be to promote the interest of agriculture in the state of Illinois by providing a broad portfolio of third-party services to the agri-food industry, which includes, but is not limited to, seed, feed and food. The objective shall be accomplished by either acting independently or in cooperation with other entities. The corporate headquarters of IL Crop is located in Champaign, IL, USA. www.ilcrop.com.
The organization is managed by an elected Board of Directors.
IL Crop, being a non-profit corporation and an independent service provider, develops and offers a wide range of technical and service programs throughout the global food and agriculture system. IL Crop provides the industry a cost effective technical and service out-source business option.
The services are delivered by a Division based in Puerto Rico and three departments based in Illinois. The Puerto Rico Division provides continuous counter season services for multiple crop kinds. The program specializes in small-scale projects for the primary crop kinds of: corn, sorghum, dry bean, sunflower and peanut. Generation advance, increase, observation and trait introgression services are offered.
The Field Service department provides a wide variety of quality assurance field inspections, grower audits and technology licensee audits. In addition, trait validation and detection testing is performed via ELISA and bioassay methods in the company greenhouse.
The Seed Laboratory performs varietal and vigor testing on more than 250 crop kinds. Testing can be performed to US, Canadian, International Seed Testing Association or proprietary standards. Field and forage crops, native species, vegetables, flowers and turf are primary.
The Identity Preserved Grain Laboratory specializes in performing technical, analytical and research services related to seed development, commercial contract specifications, processing suitability and utilization characteristics of food-grade corn, food-grade soybean and industrial use corn. The Lab frequently is engaged in funded research and large-scale industry projects.
Each of the Illinois based laboratories (Seed, Identity Preserved Grain and Greenhouse) is ISO 17025:2005 certified. The Puerto Rico Winter Farm is Excellence Through Stewardship accredited. IL Crop is also USDA National Seed Health System accredited to perform field phytosanitary inspections.
IL Crop is the designated official seed certification agency for the State of Illinois. The organization is entrusted by USDA to administer both the OECD and AOSCA seed certification programs.
The organization has a long history of providing multi-disciplinary, collaborative consulting and research services in the US and abroad. Staff members are frequently called upon to serve the broader industry.
Position Description: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Champaign, Illinois, USA
Reports to: Board of Directors
Date: April 27, 2012
- The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) formulates and executes major policies, programs and objectives of Illinois Crop improvement Association (IL Crop) to promote and ensure the organization’s continued success and growth.
- Provides leadership to the Board of Directors in formulating and articulating the organization’s mission and vision. The CEO keeps the Board informed of the status and operations of IL Crop in a manner that enables the Board to fulfill its obligations to the organization’s members.
- Develops and executes strategies that support the mission and vision of the organization.
- Provides leadership to the organization in the area of business development. The CEO directs efforts to seek out business opportunities and determines appropriate business engagements for the organization.
- Hires, organizes and provides leadership to a management team that implements the strategies of IL Crop and manages its day-to-day operations.
- Oversees the design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of IL Crop programs, products and services.
- Develops a funding strategy for IL Crop and recommends appropriate capital allocation and investment to the Board of Directors.
- Manages the organization in a manner that insures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and maintains a high standard of business ethics. The CEO shall report to the Board of Directors as soon as practicable any violation of law or regulations by any IL Crop employee acting in an official capacity.
- The CEO shall take care to represent IL Crop in a way that assures a strong positive image is conveyed to all relevant stakeholders.
- The CEO will establish and maintain strong relationship with industry peers and major corporate entities involved in our business in order to ensure the organization’s continued growth and health.
- Normally requires a Masters level degree in Business or an Agricultural discipline. A Doctorate level degree is desirable.
- Fifteen years of progressive management experience in the agronomic seed industry or a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to gain results through leading others.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels using a variety of written and verbal means. replica handbags replica louis vuitton handbags
- Must possess understanding of capital formation and management and basic principles of business finance.
- Must be able and willing to devote time and energy to the position well beyond that considered normal and customary.
- Must be able and willing to travel extensively both domestically and internationally to further the interest of IL Crop.
- Fluency in both English and Spanish is highly desirable.
- Basic computer skills.
- Familiarity with Quality Management Systems.
- Normally requires US citizenship or permanent residency
Application Procedure (Confidential):
Send resume, letter addressing your qualification and references to:
Dr. Dennis Thompson
PO Box 9013
Champaign, IL 61826-9013
Telephone: (217) 359.4053
Fax: (217) 359.4075
More positions from: Illinois Crop Improvement Association, Inc. (ICIA)
Posted from April 26, 2012 until October 25, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 26445