Nickerson-Zwaan is an international company, active in research, processing, marketing and sales of vegetable seeds. With our head office in Made in the Netherlands, we also operate facilities in Tuitjenhorn and Rilland (The Netherlands), USA, Asia, Germany, UK, Poland, Ukraine and South Africa. Nickerson-Zwaan is a member of the Limagrain Group, one of the world’s largest seed companies. For the Company’s activities in Cabbage we seek a Senior Cabbage Breeder.
The main objective of this (fulltime) position is to lead the Cabbage Breeding Team aimed at product leadership by delivering cabbage hybrids with novel or improved combinations of traits. Additional objectives are shortening the time-to-market and increasing the probability of breeding success. You are based at the Crucifer R&D Station of Nickerson-Zwaan in Tuitjenhorn, The Netherlands and you report to the Breeding Director Allium & Crucifers. The job requires frequent travel abroad.
Your tasks & responsibilities:
- Provide leadership to a globally operating breeding team
- Translate the Cabbage R&D strategy into product-oriented operational plans, steer on achieving business objectives and monitor and report on progress
- Strengthen the knowledge base of the breeding team and expand our freedom-to-operate and intellectual property position
- Maintain, build and leverage internal and external networks to support timely delivery of business goals
- PhD or MSc in Genetics and/or Plant Breeding
- Several years of experience in managing a breeding program
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent command of the English language
For more information on our company visit our website: http://www.nickerson-zwaan.com.
For information on the job contact Sylvia Versteeg
(+31 162 690900) or mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to receive your application letter, including resume, preferably by e-mail or by using the application form on our website:
Attn. Sylvia Versteeg (Senior HR Officer)
PO Box 28; 4920 AA Made
Or via e-mail: email@example.com