Sr. Launch and Support Specialist
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Technology Pipeline solution (TPS), within the Monsanto IT framework provides cutting edge research software solutions focused at breeding and biotechnology. At TPS we support enterprise-level software that need people involved in very domain intensive roles and require deep understanding of various concepts in breeding, biotechnology and data base applications along with analytical capabilities.
Strategic: To advance goals of:
I. Operational Efficiency
II. Customer Intimacy in the areas of:
- Lean Six-Sigma Product Management
- Asia-Pacific and Europe
- Global 24/7 TPS Application Helpdesk
- Working Through Systems: Implementing and improving practices, processes and procedures developed with manager; Serving as Single Point of Contact where required, helping in prioritization, eliminating road-blocks and maintaining focus.
- Functional/Technical Skills : Indepth understanding of R&D workflows, Application workflows and relates IT applications to pipeline workflows. Clear understanding of Data bases, command on SQL scripts for issue resolution. Having the knowledge and skills to execute plans developed by manager at a high level of accomplishment; Seeing hidden problems and is excellent at creating options and coming up with alternatives.
- Responsible for planning and execution of software deployment, training, user adoption, user support, issue tracking and software documentation. Being responsible and accountable for exceeding goals successfully; Steadfastly pushing self and others for results;
- Functions as a liaison with each application's software project team and business to deliver customer needs in time and with quality.
- Identifies and drives new opportunities/ projects, Defines the project strategy, Plan the project with clear milestones, resource estimation and time lines.
- Support Staffing Pipeline and Capacity Building of team
Involved with hiring process and On-boarding new members, Designing and providing training that sustains the team's execution edge.
Developing juniors by providing guidance during the execution of challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; Coordinating people and material resources to facilitate execution of multiple activities at once so that team accomplishes goals
- Peer Relationships
Quickly finds common ground and solves problems for the good of all with a minimum of noise;
Represents his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups;
Is candid with peers and seniors;
Direct and forceful as well as diplomatic.
M.Sc in Agriculture or Agricultural Biotechnology or Plant genetics and Breeding, or Lifesciences, preferable with 3-5 years of research experience. Ph. D is desirable.
Experience with programming skills, development/training or extensive use of research software applications, knowledge of SQL and databases are very desirable for this role.
Work Experience/ Skillset
- 3-5 years of Breeding/Research experience
- Work experience with scientific data bases/ statistical analysis of data or managing scientific information
- Strong oral and written communication skills, collaboration and networking skills across scientific and international teams, self motivated, strong team player
- Proficiency with MS office suite and working knowledge with automation tools - Desirable to have Project Management skills
To apply for this position, copy/paste the following URL into your browser:
More positions from: Monsanto Company
Posted from December 29, 2011 until June 29, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 23328